I reached venue (LifeLong Learning Institute, Singapore) at around 10.30 am and volunteers were all set to welcome us with smile and welcome kit :) Venue was awesome with multiple conf rooms and good facilities.
- Harish Pillay(Red Hat) & Damini Satya (SalesForce) Kicked off the event with Awesome Keynote with introducing FOSSASIA, stats about FOSSASIA and schedule as well.
- Followed by Keynote, Teo Ser Luck (Member of Parliament, Singapore) expressed his thoughts about OpenSource and how it is helping Singapore Governance and Economy.
- Now it was time for Diamler (Mercedes Benz) folks which was one the sponsors to Conference as well. They explained about how OpenSource is helping Mercedes to become Super Smart Car using technologies like containers, Kubernetes, OpenShift and BlockChain.
- Next Sponsor Keynote was by Google’s Kazunori Sato. it was about How Google Cloud is solving real life problems using AI/ML, it was quite interesting.
- There was Awesome Exhibition Area where all Sponsors had a booths and school students were demonstrating their exciting projects. I have written detail description of Exhibition Area at the end of this Blog. I met lots of people there including folks from platform.sh which provides PaaS platform, gstar.ai which is interesting startup which combines power of NLP (Natural Language Processing) and BlockChain.
- I attended talk by Jan Peuker (Google) which was about system as choreographed behaviour with Kubernetes, whereas he explained about Kubernetes works and he also talked about it’s relavance with Borg.
- At the end of the day, Sudhir Varma (Red Hat) about his work which is making easy Desktop Application easy with tools like DevSuite.
- During day 2, I met Chris from CNCF. I demoed Kedge, Kompsoe & Kubely to him. He was pretty impressed with projects. Also, I met a web developer. His perception was like, I am web developer, why should I care about containers.
- Then, I headed for the HonestBees Office (45 mins away from Conference venue) for Local Singapore Kubernetes Meetup. After having snacks, we started with meetup.
- Seth Vargo (Google), started the first session of meetup with his talk, “Secret Management in Kubernetes using Vault” where he discussed about how we can effectively use vault for secrets in Kubernetes with cool demo.
- Me talked about Kedge, Kompose & My Personal project Kubely. People loved those project, there were some question as well about how we are reducing number of lines in Kedge without compromising on it’s Power. But what I understood, People are happy with Helm.
- Last session was by Michel Bright (Containous) about Traefik Proxy in Kubernetes.
- At the end, we took awesome group photo of all meetup attendees.
At 12 pm, all conference attendees gathered at ground floor for group photo. Here’s one of the group photo:
A big thank you to all of you for attending the #FOSSASIA'18 Summit at Lifelong Learning Institute! Please help us make the event even better in future by filling in the link below with your valuable feedback. We look forward to seeing y'all again soon! https://t.co/SimDIBV8mq pic.twitter.com/RfxDun9THD— FOSSASIA (@fossasia) March 29, 2018
- After that, at 1 pm, it was time for my talk :)
Then I talked to Ria Bhatia(works on virtual kubelet, amazing project) from Microsoft about kedge, She liked the idea of it.
In the evening, there was social event with Live Music, Magic Show, Indian Classical Dance Performance along with good veg food and drinks. That was amazing.
- This was last day at conference. I attended DevSevOps session by Chris van tuin (Who is Red Hatter). After his talk, I catched him in Speaker lounge and showed him kedge, He kinda liked it. Later on, he asked about OSIO access as well.
- I also presented Kedge at Centos DOJO event. Along with me Kamesh presented talk on Serverles with OpenWhisk. In afternoon session, Chandan & Janki presented a talk on RDO OpenStack & Packaging as well.
FOSSASIA EXHIBITION HALL
- There were some students from ITE polytechnic, Singapore who created some awesome gadgets at their Maker Labs, like Light sabber and Thor Hammer (Electromagnetic Based)
- This was SUSI, an OpenSouce voice Assistant. It was so amazing. (I am gonna try that. Don’t tell Alexa ;)
- This kids were doing DIY Keychain workshop. I did it well ;)
- Meanwhile, at conference :) (He is gentoo guy)
- There was continuous supply of coffee to awake developers by those amazing people :D
Made some friends at FOSSASIA :)
- He Serves for his nation and works on OpenSource on weekends (salute)
- CNCF COO
- Damini Satya (Salesforce)
- Harish Pillay (Red Hat)
Lovely Person behind FOSSASIA :) Hong Phuc dang
- FOSSASIA Talk Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4cMeKYS-0w&list=PLzZVLecTsGpKb1P8J5WLrONMLby5Dn1EV
- FOSSASIA Photo Gallery:
- FOSSASIA Social Night Photo Gallery: